Al-Murabba Net – Some car owners may be unaware of the steps to renew a private license through the Absher electronic platform, which makes it easy for customers to renew the license in record time without effort or waste of time.
Quick access to content
Renewal of the private license
The Absher government platform is one of the largest government electronic platforms in Saudi Arabia, which provides a wide range of electronic traffic services, which include driving license renewal, traffic license renewal, traffic violations enquiry, and others.
Of course, renewing the private license electronically, or as it is known as the driving license, requires the fulfillment of a set of conditions, so you must ensure that they are met first.
Therefore, in the following article, Al Murabba Net reviews the steps and conditions for renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia, as well as reviewing some important services and how to use them.
Read also: Steps to drop off old cars electronically before the deadline expires
How much does it cost to renew a private license?
First, we show you the price list for renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia for a number of different types of vehicles, according to the Saudi Traffic Department:
- Renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia (private car) is 40 riyals, while the fee for obtaining a replacement for a damaged or lost one is 100 riyals.
- Renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia (general car) is 40 riyals, and the replacement for the damaged one is 100 riyals.
- Renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia (public works vehicle) is 100 riyals, and the replacement for the damaged one is 100 riyals.
- The price for renewing a driving license in Saudi Arabia (motorcycle) is 20 riyals, and obtaining a replacement for a damaged one is 100 riyals.
- While the fee for obtaining a temporary driving permit is 100 riyals.
What are the conditions for renewing a private license?
Now that the price for renewing a private license in Saudi Arabia has been clarified, let us review the most important conditions that you must meet to complete the service.
Conditions for renewing the private license through Absher include the following points:
- The remaining period on the driving license must be less than 180 days.
- First, make sure to pay the recorded traffic violations, if any.
- You must pay any fees associated with the electronic service through the SADAD system as well.
- You must have a fingerprint and photo on the Absher Individuals platform in order to complete the renewal online.
- The applicant for renewal must be alive.
- The medical examination must also be passed according to the following conditions: (The applicant must be physically fit. The applicant must be mentally fit according to the medical report. He must pass the vision examination.
Steps to renew a driving license electronically through Absher
The renewal steps include the following:
- First, make sure you have an account on the Absher electronic platform and log in to it.
- After that, choose the My Services icon, then choose Traffic Services from the electronic services list.
- Now you will have to click on the (driving license renewal) service.
- After that, click on (Choose License).
- Then you must now specify the type of license (private driving license), and the number of years according to your desire: (2 – 5 – 10 years).
- Click (Next) and confirm the renewal.
- Now the license will be renewed.
Read also:How is the cheapest car insurance in Saudi Arabia determined? Everything you need to know after the price increase
Conditions for issuing a private driving license
On the other hand, those wishing to drive are searching for the conditions for issuing a private driving license for the first time, and the required papers, which are as follows:
- The applicant for the license must be over 18 years of age
- To conduct a medical examination
- Bring a copy of your ID as follows:
Citizens: A copy of the ID card
Residents: A copy of the residence permit
- Bring 6 photographs, size 4×6
- Pay the prescribed fees
- A file for storing papers.
Read also: Is removing a vehicle from the register exempt from violations? Traffic answers
Objection to traffic violations through Absher
On the other hand, some need to know the steps to object Traffic Violations Via Absher; A number of vehicle drivers may believe that they do not deserve this fine.
In this regard, the Ministry of Interior provides the service of contesting traffic violations electronically to its citizens and residents of the Kingdom through the Absher platform, according to a number of conditions.
Conditions for objecting to traffic violations in Saudi Arabia
Naturally, the car owner must first ensure that the conditions for contesting traffic violations online are met, as the following points must be met:
- The objector must have an account on the Absher platform
- Also, the duration of the violation must not exceed 30 days from the date of its registration
- It is also prohibited to object to a violation to which an objection has been previously submitted and a decision has been issued by the competent committee
- In addition to the above, it is not possible to submit a new automated objection if there is an open automated objection for the same objector (in process)
- The objector can submit an unlimited number of objections automatically, unless the number of rejected automated objections is 5, for each Hijri year.
Steps to object to traffic violations through Absher
On the other hand, one of the traffic services that is most important to car owners through the Absher platform is the traffic violations objection service.
The Absher platform provides a space to object to traffic violations if no more than 30 days have passed since they were registered.
The objection steps include the following:
- First, you must register on the Absher platform from your personal account
- Then you have to click on My Services
- Now choose traffic services
- Also click on Objection to Traffic Violations
- Then you must choose the violation you wish to object to
- You may also write the reason for your objection in the box designated for that
- Click on agree to the terms
- Then you have to click on the Save button
- You will then receive a message confirming that the application has been registered successfully
Absher electronic system portal
Read also: This is the time period for registering and issuing traffic violations according to the “Saudi Traffic”