Al-Murabba Net – Some individuals may not be aware of the exceptions full insurance On cars, which may put them at risk, as there are a group of cases that give the insurance company the right not to pay compensation, so you must make sure not to fall into these exceptions.
Quick access to content
Comprehensive insurance exclusions
It is common knowledge that comprehensive car insurance exclusions, or Insurance against third parties It is clear in the contract concluded between the company and the insured, so you must be sure to review it in detail.
There are some new car owners who believe that the car insurance policy gives them compensation in all cases in which the car is involved in an accident, which is an unfounded belief.
Therefore, if you are about to own a new car, or you already have insurance on your car, be sure to look at the car insurance exceptions, in addition to reviewing the recent amendments made by the Central Bank.
In this regard, the website “Al-Murabba Net” presents to you in the following article the comprehensive insurance exceptions, the criteria for determining car insurance prices, in addition to a review of the recent comprehensive insurance amendments.
Read alsoCases not covered by comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia
What is comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia?
First, before reviewing the comprehensive insurance exceptions, let us clarify what is meant by the comprehensive insurance policy. It is an insurance program that obligates the insurance company to compensate the insured for losses and damages sustained by the car in the event of an accident.
In addition, the comprehensive insurance policy covers damage to a third party or his car (the injured party) if the insured is the one who caused the accident.
Compensation will be made to both parties in accordance with the terms, conditions, exceptions and attachments specified in the insurance policy.
In other words, in such documents there are two parts, the first part relates to damages related to the driver of the vehicle and other passengers and damages related to the vehicle itself (it covers the vehicle against fire and theft in addition to accidental accidents).
While the second part relates to covering the insured’s liability towards third parties (property and persons).
For example: In the event of an accident between two cars, the comprehensive insurance policy covers all damages that you caused or occurred to you in accordance with the agreed upon terms and the commitment stipulated in the policy.
The company pays all costs of repairing your car and repairing and compensating for damages to other parties that you caused and for which you were responsible.
Also, the comprehensive vehicle insurance program can be expanded for an additional premium to include the following coverages:
- Renting a replacement vehicle for the insured during the repair period of the damaged vehicle
- Roadside assistance service…
- Damaged vehicle repair service at the agency or one of the workshops
What are car insurance exclusions?
Now we come to monitoring the most prominent comprehensive insurance exceptions, most of which apply to insurance against third parties, according to the Central Bank (SAMA).
These exceptions give the insurance company the right not to pay compensation to the insurance owner, so you should read them.
The exceptions include the following points:
- Accidents resulting from using the car to drift (drifting is a violation punishable by the Traffic Department).
- Any damage resulting from using the car in racing, setting the starting speed, or the like.
- An accident occurs while using the car in areas where the public is not authorized to drive, such as airports or seaports
- In addition, if an accident occurs while using the car in violation of the restrictions imposed by the authorities, compensation will not be provided.
- An accident occurs due to the vehicle’s load of passengers exceeding the permitted number of passengers.
- An accident occurred due to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- A person under the age of 21 drives the car and causes an accident
- If an accident occurs while a person is driving a car without a valid driver’s license, compensation will not be provided.
- It is proven that the insured provided incorrect information in the insurance application form.
- Compensation will not be provided if it is proven that the accident occurred intentionally on the part of the insured or the driver.
- In addition, no one will be compensated if the insured or the vehicle driver escapes from the accident site.
- Failure of the insured to inform the company in writing within the period specified in the policy will not be compensated
- Compensation will not be made for manufacturing defects and damages resulting from vehicle consumption or mechanical or electrical defects.
- Damage resulting from leaving the vehicle running (theft or damage).
What are the criteria for determining car insurance rates?
After monitoring the comprehensive insurance exceptions, let us highlight an important aspect for many, which is standards Determine car insurance rates, They include the following, according to the Central Bank of Saudi Arabia:
- The traffic record is one of the most important criteria. The more your record is free of violations and accidents, of course, you will get a lower price for insurance and vice versa.
- Among the criteria is the age of the car owner, so those over 25 years old receive a reduced price compared to those under that age. This is because they are more responsible while driving.
- The cost also affects insurance. The lower the cost of owning the car itself, the lower the insurance, and the more luxurious the car is, the higher the insurance value. This is because, of course, the cost of repairing luxury cars is higher than regular cars.
- The name of the manufacturer and model of the car also affects the value of the insurance price. The more luxurious the company is, the higher the insurance price.
- Insurance companies also care about the year of manufacture, of course; As modern cars are more advanced and less prone to accidents, insurance rates can be lower in this case.
- In addition to the above, the value of insurance premiums for cars that are safer and less susceptible to damage or injury to passengers decreases, while the cost of insurance increases if the car does not have the highest level of safety and security standards.
Comprehensive insurance amendments
Earlier, the official account of the Central Bank of Saudi Arabia (SAMA) had announced the issuance of amendments to the comprehensive vehicle insurance rules as part of efforts to organize, supervise and control the insurance sector, and preserve the rights of its customers.
The Central Bank explained, through a statement on the X platform, that the new amendments aim to grant customers expanded insurance coverage by amending basic insurance coverage to include relatives, private drivers, and sponsors of the insured, in addition to defining the scope of application of the rules to include individual customers only. This allows corporate clients to determine the coverages and benefits that suit their insurance needs.
Here are the amendments according to the official website of the Central Bank:
Objectives of the amendments:
The objectives of the latest amendments include the following points:
- Providing customers with expanded insurance coverage by amending the basic insurance coverage to include relatives
Private drivers and insured persons.
- Enabling corporate clients to determine the coverages and benefits that suit their insurance needs by amending…
The scope of application of the rules includes individual customers only
The cheapest comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia 2022 – Tameeni website
Now, after monitoring the most prominent cases that are not covered by comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia, we come to one of the most important matters that concerns car owners, which is how to obtain the cheapest comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia.
In fact, it is difficult to determine the cheapest prices in insurance companies; Because determining the price depends entirely on several factors related to the owner and his car.
However, despite this, you can view comprehensive insurance prices in Saudi Arabia and determine the cheapest according to the car’s data, through the Tameeni website.
The Tameeni website is a website approved by the Central Bank of Saudi Arabia, which allows customers to compare insurance prices in Saudi Arabia in easy and flexible steps.
To find out the cheapest comprehensive car insurance in Saudi Arabia, or the cheapest third party insurance, all you have to do is the following:
- Enter the official website of “Tamini”.
- Once you enter the site, empty boxes will appear in front of you. You must write the type of insurance whose price you wish to search for
- After that, you will have to enter your ID or residency number if you reside in Saudi Arabia
- Now you must specify the validity date of the document as you wish.
- After that, make sure to enter the code required from you to ensure that you are not a robot.
- Finally, you will be shown a comparison of insurance prices from more than 20 accredited insurance companies in the Kingdom.
Read also: Al Rajhi Takaful Motor Insurance… 3 types with different benefits