Al-Murabba Net – witnessed prices Distinctive car plates In Saudi Arabia, there has been a significant increase over the past few months, coinciding with the great popularity created by the electronic plate auction organized periodically by the Absher platform.
The high prices of distinctive car plates in Saudi Arabia come in light of great interest from lovers of luxury cars and exclusivity in general, as they always tend to distinguish their cars with plates bearing distinctive, eye-catching numbers and letters.
Quick access to content
Distinctive car license plate prices
The past months have witnessed development in… Paintings auction The electronic service, which began launching bids on more distinctive plates for the first time in Saudi Arabia, as plates with a letter and a number or two letters and two numbers were offered last March.
This service is a new service provided for the first time in Saudi Arabia, to meet the aspirations of vehicle drivers who wish to obtain distinctive plates with a number and a letter, or two numbers and two letters.
In this regard, the “Al-Murabba Net” website presents to you the reasons for the high prices of distinctive car plates in Saudi Arabia, while reviewing everything related to the plate auction, and ways to buy used distinctive plates at a low price.
Why did the prices of premium car plates rise in Saudi Arabia?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia pays great attention to the automobile sector, while the Saudi people are characterized by a great passion for owning distinguished cars, as the car market in Saudi Arabia is among the largest markets in the region at all.
The year 2021 witnessed the issuance of a decisive decision regarding the journey of developing the car plate format in Saudi Arabia, as the Saudi Council of Ministers issued its approval to add a new paragraph to the schedule of the Saudi Traffic Law. It is a special paragraph for car plate fees, and this paragraph came under the name (plate with a distinctive logo).
The Council of Ministers decided to add a paragraph bearing the number (14) to the schedule of fees for vehicle plates of all types, called (a plate with a distinctive logo, worth (800) riyals, which will be obtained once upon issuance. Thus, an amount of 800 riyals will be collected for those wishing to add a logo to the plate.
During the years following the ministerial decision, the prices of distinctive car plates witnessed a noticeable increase, and we can summarize the reasons for this increase in the following lines:
- Launching the electronic plate auction service via Absher
- Providing space for lovers of distinction to own plates with a unique logo and numbers, and creating a great diversity of available shapes (national emblem plates – a number and a letter – two numbers and a letter)
- The huge numbers achieved by the latest bids on the Absher platform for distinctive paintings, as some customers purchased a painting for more than a million dollars.
- The Saudi market customers’ passion for owning distinguished paintings.
Prices for letter and number plates – two letters and two numbers
As we mentioned at the beginning, last March witnessed the launch of a new, more distinguished service through the electronic plate auction platform, as it was revealed that plates bearing a letter and a number, and others with two letters and two numbers, had begun to be offered, and this was happening for the first time in the Kingdom.
The initial prices at the auction for the new distinctive paintings on the Absher platform were as follows:
- 1st floor plate, starting from one million Saudi riyals
- Plate number 4, starting from 500 thousand Saudi riyals
- 22 MM plate, starting from 200 thousand Saudi riyals
It is noteworthy that the electronic auction is a service that was added in recent years to enable citizens and residents to bid on plates (private, private transport, motorcycle).
The most expensive and distinctive painting in Saudi Arabia
After the launch of the new paintings, the auction witnessed a significant revival, as a number of paintings were sold at prices exceeding one million dollars.
For example, the first sessions in March 2023 witnessed the sale of 3 paintings worth up to 8.2 million Saudi riyals, as their prices were as follows:
- A painting with a letter and number category, “T 1,” worth 4.1 million riyals (the most expensive so far)
- Another of the same category is “P4” worth 2.7 million riyals
- A plate of two letters and two numbers, “MM 22”, for an amount of 1.47 million riyals.
Last September, one of the distinctive car plates set a new record in the Kingdom, as it became the second most expensive car plate sold at auction.
The distinctive plate bore the letters and numbers “Wu-99,” and was sold for (4,010,000 million riyals).
Prices for used premium plates – where to find them?
In light of the great popularity of distinctive plates and the start of many people moving towards owning them, the used car market for plates has become very active.
A large number began offering their distinctive old car plates for great prices, but of course they are lower than those offered in the plate auction through Absher.
So if you are looking for Distinctive car plates At moderate prices, you can search for them through the used and new platform – one of the largest electronic platforms for buying and selling online – as it displays a number of unique paintings at special prices.
The used and new electronic platform is directly linked to the Absher platform. Therefore, it has great reliability and popularity, and to search for distinctive panels you have to click Here And follow the steps shown in the following illustration:
Prices for used special plates
Here are examples of the prices of distinctive used plates that were recently announced on the platform Used and new:
A plate indicating the name of Heba, triple number 953, in Jizan for 15 thousand Saudi riyals. To view the details and contact the owner, click here.
Distinctive plate (K and L-90) Distinctive plate in Arar at a price of 15 thousand Saudi riyals. For details and contact the owner, click here
A distinctive plate (S R T – 65) in Rabigh at a price of 15 thousand Saudi riyals. For details and contact the owner, click here.
A distinctive plate (A-10) in Riyadh at a price of 40 thousand Saudi riyals. For details and contact the owner, click here.
A distinctive plate (DSQ – 3) in Jeddah at a price of 80 thousand Saudi riyals. To view the details and contact the owner, click here.
Conditions for participation in the electronic painting auction
Now, after clarifying the reasons for the high prices of distinctive car plates in Saudi Arabia, we come to an aspect that many car owners are interested in now, which is the conditions for participating in the electronic plate auction via Absher, as the conditions include the following points:
- First, make sure to register through the Absher electronic platform and obtain a password to log in.
- Also, make sure to pay the electronic auction subscription fees through the electronic payment service available through Absher.
- In addition, those whose traffic fines have not been paid are allowed to participate in the auction.
- You can also get a full refund of the auction fees you paid.
What are the steps to participate in the electronic painting auction? ؟
Now we come to the steps to participate in the electronic plate auction. After confirming that a new auction has been announced through the official account of the Absher platform and the Traffic Department, you will have to follow the following steps to participate successfully:
- The first step is to log in via the Absher platform link.
- Then click on Individual Services.
- Also log in, then click on My Services.
- In addition, choose Traffic Services, then click on the Electronic Plates Auction Service.
How to book a painting auction through Absher?
The Traffic Department continuously announces electronic license plate auctions. So make sure to follow the announcement and then book a painting auction through Absher.
- Click on the link to the Absher website.
- Click on Absher Individual Services, and type your username and password.
- Click on the Appointments option, then click on Traffic Department.
- Choose to book an appointment.
- Then choose Billboard Auction.
Where does the deposit go if you don’t win?
Many are interested in knowing the fate of the deposit that is initially paid before the bidding, as the participant may not get the painting he is looking for. Therefore, most people wonder about the possibility of recovering the deposit that was initially paid in the event of not winning the paintings.
For its part, the Absher platform answered this question, saying: Yes, the deposit will be automatically returned to your account after the end of the bidding if you do not win the auction.
New Saudi car plates
In addition to new car plates with a number or a letter or two numbers and two letters, you can get plates bearing distinctive logos, which is another service that was introduced during the past year.
Earlier last year, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia launched an issuance request service Car plates With distinctive slogans through the Absher electronic platform, which carries unconventional slogans, in coordination with the General Directorate of Traffic in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The General Traffic Department in the Kingdom revealed the availability of 5 distinctive logos on car license plates, which were designed and approved by the Ministry of Culture.
Distinctive plates with a logo in Saudi Arabia
The new plates carry a set of unconventional slogans inspired by the history and heritage of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The slogans that were presented included the following:
- The two swords and palm trees logo (colored).
- In addition to the two swords and palm logo in black.
- The logos included the Diriyah logo.
- And the logo of Mada’in Saleh.
- Kingdom Vision 2030 logo
The Traffic Department explained that the electronic license plate service with distinctive logos is a service available to citizens and residents of the Kingdom.
This service began operating on February 21, 2022.
Conditions for obtaining a plate with a distinctive logo
Now, we review the conditions for benefiting from the new Saudi car license plate service, which must be met in order to complete the entire service without obstacles.
The conditions included the following points, according to the official website of the “Absher” platform:
- You must ensure that government fees are paid through “Sadad” channels.
- In addition, the old plate must be submitted to the Traffic Branch on the date of receiving the new plate.
How do you get a new plate with a distinctive logo?
Those wishing to obtain a new car plate with Saudi logos must follow the following steps:
- Log in to the Ministry of Interior platform “Absher”
- From the My Services tab, click on “Traffic”.
- Click Connect.
- Click to order a plate with a logo.
- After that, you must pay a new car plate application fee of (800) riyals, paid only once.
Read also: Want a used car? Here is the best site for selling used cars in Saudi Arabia
Mechanism for submitting a request for a new car plate with Saudi logos
Now we review in detail the mechanism for submitting an application to obtain new Saudi car plates through Absher:
- You must first enter the Tawasul service of the General Traffic Department.
- After that, you must choose the administration affiliated with the region.
- Then choose the service of requesting a plate with a logo from the sub-services.
- The letters and numbers of the user’s plate on which the logo is to be printed must also be written in the order description field.
- Then write the name of the desired logo in the request description box in the same format as shown.
- Write the name of the city to receive the new plate and deliver the old plate.
- Submit the request.
Here is an example of writing the request according to what is stated on the Absher platform:
«I would like to replace the plate (A A A 8 8 8 8) with a plate of the two swords and a palm tree logo – colored and received from the city of Riyadh.
For approved names of logos” in the application form.
General Directorate of Traffic:
See also: Conditions for objecting to traffic violations online via Absher (full details)